Eco at Wordsworth
At Wordsworth we are committed to doing all we can to help the planet.
We are still quite near the beginning of our journey.
Here is what we have started to do so far:
- Making sure we only put recyclable things in the recycling bin.
- Turning off lights when we leave a room.
- Putting the teacher's computers onto power saving mode.
- Collecting our pens to take them for terra recycling.
- Making everyone aware of why we need to help the planet and what we can do through assemblies.
- The Eco-Council have come to the teachers weekly meeting to give them ideas on how to use less paper.
- Each class has elected an eco-councillor
- Everyone brings in water bottles instead of using single-use plastic cups.
- Looking after our school grounds so that insects can thrive.
- The school canteen has stopped using single use plastics
The Eco Council have identified the following as our next things to make sure everyone in the school is doing:
- Being careful with plastic toys (like hula-hoops) so they don't need to be replaced.
- Asking everyone to avoid single use plastic in their lunch boxes as much as possible.
- Explaining to everyone that the milk cartoons are not recyclable.
- Asking each class to come up with one pledge for what they will do to help the planet.
- Writing to the council to ask if the grass area outside the school can be improved to encourage biodiversity.
We would appreciate all the help we can get, so please contact Miss Prudence by asking for her in the school office if you have any other ideas, or know of any other schemes we can join.